The Oregon coast is a wonderland of natural beauty, where miles of pristine beaches, rocky coastline, and lush forests offer endless opportunities for exploration. With so many incredible hikes to choose from, it can be tough to know exactly where to start. To help you narrow down your options, we’ve put together a list of 10 must-do hikes on the Oregon coast.
1. Cape Lookout Hike – Located in the Tillamook area, this hike offers stunning views of the coastline from the Cape Lookout headland. The 5-mile round trip hike will take you through dense forests of Sitka spruce and hemlock before opening up to breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean.
2. Drift Creek Falls Trail – This trail, located 12 miles east of Lincoln City, takes you through a beautiful forested area to reach an impressive 75-foot waterfall. The 3-mile round trip hike is easy to moderate and great for all ages.
3. Cape Perpetua – Located 2.5 miles south of Yachats, Cape Perpetua is the highest point on the Oregon coast accessible by car. From here, you can enjoy a variety of scenic hikes ranging from easy to strenuous, all with unbeatable views of the ocean and coastline.
4. Cascade Head Trail – This trail, located 7 miles north of Lincoln City, offers a steep but rewarding hike to stunning views of the coastline and Cascade Head Preserve. The 6-mile round trip hike is moderate to difficult and can be muddy in damp weather.
5. Neahkahnie Mountain – This iconic peak offers panoramic views of the Oregon coast and the quaint town of Manzanita below. The 3-mile round trip hike is steep and rocky, but well worth the effort.
6. The Oregon Coast Trail – Stretching 382 miles along the entire Oregon coast, this trail offers endless opportunities for exploration and adventure. Whether you’re looking for a quick day hike or a multi-day trek, the Oregon Coast Trail has something for everyone.
7. Neskowin Ghost Forest Trail – This trail, located in the charming town of Neskowin, takes you through a rare coastal forest featuring remnants of a submerged forest that’s nearly 2,000 years old. The 2-mile round trip hike is easy and perfect for a family adventure.
8. Saddle Mountain – This peak, located in the Coast Range, offers stunning views of the Oregon coast, Mount St. Helens, and Mount Rainier on clear days. The 5-mile round trip hike is strenuous, but well worth the effort for the unbeatable views.
9. Hobbit Trail – This enchanting trail, located near the town of Florence, takes you through a mossy forest to a secluded beach that looks like something out of a fairy tale. The 0.5-mile round trip hike is easy, making it a great choice for families.
10. Cape Kiwanda and Sand Dune Trail – This hike, located in Pacific City, offers plenty of adventure and stunning views. The trail takes you up and over massive sand dunes before reaching the top of Cape Kiwanda, where you can soak in views of the coastline and Haystack Rock.
Whether you’re a seasoned hiker or just looking for a scenic stroll, the Oregon coast offers something for everyone. With so many amazing hikes to choose from, it’s hard to go wrong with any of these must-do options. So grab your gear and hit the trails to explore the natural beauty of this incredible region.